October Tune

21 years old | rude and still not ginger | reads ya, fantasy, sci-fi, and basically everything else

Coraline

Coraline - Neil Gaiman Just like with Percy Jackson, I had watched the movie (which is one of my favourite movies ever) before I started reading the book. (To be honest, I had no idea there was a book, until I accidentally found it on here when I was randomly typing in movie names, because I wanted to see which ones had been based on books). And just like with PJ, the movie was quite different from the book, of course. The thing that bothered me the most, was that in the movie, Coraline had a 'friend', Wyborne (whose grandmother owned the 'pink house' as they called it int he movie) and in the books, he wasn't there. I did like the fact that, in the book, all animals (the rats, and the dogs) could talk in the other world, not just the cat. But still, the book was really nice, and I am going to try to read more books that have been made into movies. Though I'll probably get annoyed if there's a huge difference between the book and the movie, but I think I'm not the only one. (Allthough I quite understand that they've left a lot out of this movie, since it's a stopmotion movie, which takes really long to make, I believe).

You Have Seven Messages